- On Reproductive Consciousness and the Power of Creating and Sustaining Life
- Female Deities, Mother Figures and Motherhood Symbolism
- The Initiative Facts For Life: A Vital Source for Safe Motherhood
- The Developmental Psychologist: How They Help Us Grow Into And Inhabit Our Identity
- The Dangers of Parenting as a Competitive Sport
Errors from the past
Whoa, you love reading! Take a moment to join us on social media.
In Point Of Fact- has a free digest, and offers the week’s best stuff. Like to get your facts straight?
Sign up here…
MOTHERHOOD -In Point Of Fact- participates in the Amazon Services Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. In more human terms, this means that whenever you buy a book on Amazon from a link on here, I get a tiny percentage of its price, and with much appreciation, I can continue publishing and maintaining the site.
- “The young girl (and the woman she becomes) is willing to deny her father’s limitations (and those of her lover or husband) as long as she feels loved. She is more able to do this because his distance means that she does not really know him. The relationship, then, because of the father’s distance and importance to her, occurs largely as fantasy and idealization, and lacks the grounded reality/ which a boy’s relation to his mother has.” Nancy Chodorow, The Reproduction of Mothering